For the most part we all go the speed limit when driving our cars. We do this to avoid the risk of having an accident or getting a speeding ticket. On the other hand when driving our businesses, as entrepreneurs, there is nothing to stop us from going as fast as we need to, to get our business to the next level. It's important for small business owners to capitalize on opportunities with speed. Below, I have listed 5 ways to remove the roadblocks and accelerate your business growth.
1. Eliminate all sources of delay. It's true, time is money, therefore if something is not profitable and taking up your time, GET RID OF IT.
2. Stop doing what's not working. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein Need I say more?
3. Put yourself and your needs first. If you are lacking and not happy, how can you make your customers happy? While you may think you’re doing the right thing by putting your client's needs before your own, ultimately the client will suffer.
4. Find and do work that makes you feel good. As an entrepreneur you have the ability to customize your business to fit your talents, values and strengths. Your performance will skyrocket when you do work you love.
5. Be specific about what you want to accomplish. “Make more money” or “grow my business” are awesome goals however, both are too broad. Be precise and intentional about the goals you set for your business.
So, let's go. It's time to put the pedal to the medal.
"Small business isn't for the faint of heart. It's for the brave, the patient and the persistent. It's for the overcomer." -Unknown